Monday 29 June 2015

Contouring Products: Review



I'm sure we're all familiar with contouring. If not, just simply look at Kim Kardashian's make-up and you'll soon figure it out. There are so many amazing products out that can give you amazingly defined cheekbones, but most of them are a little bit pricey. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette looks phenomenal, but at £40 may be a little bit too expensive for those on a budget. I have a few different products that I contour with; Soleil Tan De Chanel, Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit, Hoola by Benefit and the B. Sculpted Contour Kit. These products are all affordable and all produce different results. 

The Soleil Tan De Chanel is £30 and is the most expensive product on my list. It has a creamy consistency and you don't need to use a lot of the product as it can end up leaving your face look a little muddy. I'm very pale so it can look a little bit orange on me, however it depends on your skin tone. I apply it with a small synthetic haired brush and them blend it in with my beauty blender. It is a really good product but I wouldn't say it was an 'essential' if you're on a budget, and there are other alternate cream contours available. 

I first read about the Barry M Contour kit (£6.50) on Boots, and after seeing all the amazing reviews I decided to purchase it and see if it lived up to the expectations. I only really use the darkest colour to contour but it is such a good little kit. It doesn't go orange on my skin and it is really pigmented so you really don't need to use a lot of the product. The lighter colour doesn't really highlight on my skin, but then again it could be because I'm really pale. The middle colour acts as a bronzer to warm up parts of the face. Over all the product is really good for the price and inside it has a little guide to tell you where to contour if you're a beginner. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good contour product but aren't wanting to spend allot of money. 

Hoola is one of the first products I used when I discovered contouring. It is a bronzer but isn't orange or shimmery, so it allows you to warm up your face without looking too crazy. It also isn't too pigmented, so you can go for a natural look or go for a more defined contour by adding more product. It can look a little muddy on the side of your face however if you apply too much, so I'd recommend slowly building up your definition. At £20, the product is a really good bronzer to have in your make up collection and it last for ages. 

I have the B. Sculpted Contour Kit in the colour medium (£10.49 from Superdrug). It comes with a cream highlight in one side and a powder to contour with in the other side. I find that the powder often goes on a little too dark, and so you really have to blend it in. It's consistency isn't as smooth as the Barry M contour kit and it often leaves my face looking very 'cakey'. If you use a small amount of the product however it does appear to give a more natural look. The cream highlight looks very nice on the skin and I usually just dab it on with my fingers. I probably would not recommend this kit as much as I would the Barry M one if you're looking for a cheaper kit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment